Google has recently launched the AMP, Accelerated Mobile Pages, for emails. The AMP extension will help in transforming emails from static documents to dynamic emails that will g give the user a web-page like experience.
For email marketers, this provision comes with a lot of benefits that will come in handy in improve customer experience. According to Google, AMP for emails will open the avenue for companies to integrate promotional and subscription services in their emails. This will in turn help in improving customer experience since the emails can be as personalized as possible.
It is crucial for one to know what AMP in order to know the best way of using it. There are three main features of AMP for emails that will come in handy when integrating AMP for emails into email marketing.
1) Dynamic content.
Using AMP, one can make the content of an email be more than just reading, watching or clicking: users get to interact more with the email content. For instance, AMP will enable a user to respond to questionnaires in their inbox without clicking on a link to another website.
Below are some of the AMP components can diversify the content in an email:
• Amp-form: allows one to use forms and input fields. This component also allows one to submit the forms while in the inbox.
• Amp-bind and amp-state: enables you to update features of a content sent through the email
• Amp-anime: supports GIF files
AMP changes the layout of an email from the normal static nature to a more interactive one. It manages to do this using the following components.
• Amp- carousel: This component allows the displaying of several similar pieces of content along the horizontal axis.
• Amp-accordion: allows one to get to a section from a content outline.
• Amp-sidebar: allows Meta content to be displayed temporarily with the entire content being a click away.
• Amp-image-lightbox: gives lightbox effects for a specific image.
• Amp-lightbox: displays the elements of a full-viewpoint “lightbox” modal.
• Amp-fit-text: it expands or shrinks the font size to fit the content within the space provide or when viewed in different devices
• Amp-time ago: provides timestamps by formatting dates on a piece of content.
When it comes to attaching media in the email sent, the following AMP components will be used:
• Amp-img: delays or prioritizes the media loading depending on system resources connect bandwidth among others. It is a replacement of HTML.
• Amp-anim: manages animated images.